Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Things that they don't mention. . .

It's been a while since I've written down a word or two about anything or everything, so I've decided to spill the beans on what has been going on.  Jokingly, I said I'm going to write a book about the things they fail to mention to you before you become pregnant. Given that I am from a family that has terrible pregnancies, so I was somewhat aware that it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be, but it's the other things that they don't tell you. (Notice: They, are the doctors, mothers, aunts, cousins, grandmothers, friends and everyone else out there who has ever had been, or with, or helped a pregnant woman in their lives.) In short I've been making a list. Now this may be a little Too Much Information for some people, but nevertheless I'm going to say what I have to say about it. Here it goes, my not too little list of complaints. These are in no order I'm just rambling and more will likely be added in the future.
*Bowel Movements or lack thereof -I've heard of women getting constipated during pregnancy, but I feel this is a little ridiculous. It's not just constipation that takes over, its the fact that you don't ever get a "regular" bowel movement, you get the whole kaboodole. From one end of the spectrum of not being able to go, to the other end when you cant stop going and have to be near a facility or something embarassing is bound to happen. One! Just One normal bowel movement is something I wish I could have.
*Leaking breasts- They tell you that you start to leak a little bit before you have your baby. Usually at about 33 weeks, this is a clear or yellowish liquid called Colostrum, and contains antibodies that will help prevent infections for baby. However, this can happen earlier on in the pregnancy, like 23 weeks. Just beware, you may have to start wearing nursing pads earlier on than you think.
*Backaches-This one may be a little more well known, however I was never told that I would just collapse while walking because baby is playing the piano keys on your spine or syatic nerve. There you are walking around normally, then next thing you know you're sprawled out on the floor lying in a heap crying, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up."
*Constant Nausea- I was told that this would eventually just "go away". Well, it didn't for me. Puking has become second nature too me. There are only about 5-6 things that I can keep down. Hopefully, this will eventually go away, but until it does and if you see me walking around, I'll be the lady with the bucket.
*Breathing- I've heard that this becomes difficult as the little one is growing inside of you. This is fact. Not fiction but fact. It somewhat reminded me of health class when they gave you a straw to breath out of after making you run in place for 5 minutes. Never fear however, it'll go away, after you have your baby.
*Kicking- "Oh it's the coolest thing ever! Don't you just love it.!?" Yes, to a point. Once the bruises go away I think I very well might enjoy this part. Feeling baby move around is quite extraordinary. Just leave my bladder, kidney & lungs alone.
Yes being pregnant is a miracle and having a baby even more so. Just be aware what you are in for, and let it be known that it IS all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are sweet!