Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Pink-eyed Cold

The past few weeks have been so crazy. I went to Phoenix and had a total blast. Learned how to find dead people, (thank you Granny), and I even came home to a clean house that Sunday. Life was going great, I was getting things ready for Bijou Market, and had lots to do. Monday the 24th Cora had her 6 month Dr. Appointment. She weighed in at 14 lbs 11 oz 25 inches long. When the nurse gave her the shots, she hardly even cried. Tuesday I was set up to watch Grace and Henry while Emily went to mediation. That is when things went south.

I got Grace and Henry early (7:30 a.m.) Tuesday and was told they wouldn't be back until 7:30 p.m. because Chase had a dentist appointment after the mediation.  Emily also called and asked me to take Grace to the Dr. because she thought Grace may or may not have Pink Eye. I don't know if you know what that is, but let me start by telling you that it is very very contagious. She also told me that Henry has a terrible cold is wasn't feeling so hot. Let me also remind you that Cora just had her shots the day before and was fevering still and NOT feeling very good. As soon as I was able to I called the Dr's office and got Grace and Appointment. Devin took work off for the morning while I took Grace to the Dr.

I talked to my dad while I was there and he also had the dreaded Conjunctivitis (the medical term for pink-eye). Sure enough Grace was stricken with Pink-Eye. By the time I got home from getting the prescriptions for Grace and my dad Devin had decided to take the whole day off because both Henry and Cora were screaming. They thought they were both so sick that they just wanted to be held. Emily and Chase came back just as we finished dinner at 8:45 p.m. to pick up the kiddos. We ate dinner went to bed and crashed.

Fast Forward to the next Sunday and I'm not feeling too well and Devin tells me my eye was looking a little pink. Sure enough, I had Pink-Eye. I called the Dr. immediately Halloween morning to get the prescription so I wouldn't be suffering too long, but that wasn't just it. I also was starting to have terrible sinus pressure. I didn't go all out for Cora's costume because of how lousy I was feeling, but she did get dressed up.

 Cora went as her Daddy. 

Anyways by Thursday I thought I was going to die. I told Devin that it was worse than labor and I didn't think that I had ever been that sick. Sure enough I caught the cold Henry had.  I felt so bad for him for even having to have the cold and even worse when I knew how bad it really was. I did eventually get over it just in time for Brandy, (my sis-in-law who lives with me) and Randy (Devin's friend and Mudd's husband, but I'd also like to call him my friend as well), to get pink eye.

Another call to the Dr and trip to get another prescription, we are hoping that we are done with this terrible, horrible, horrendous, ridiculous Pink-Eye epidemic that has taken over my life and the lives of most of my friends and their family since you don't know that you have it or gave it to someone else until it's too late. I really don't understand how I got it, or how I gave it to the world because I wash my hands so frequently and sanitize as well, alas what's done is done and hopefully won't happen again.

Now to finish my projects for Bijou. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are sweet!